• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Malware

JMP

When I try to go into the '.223 won't chamber' thread in the handloading forum I get a message from Chrome saying there is Malware from fluidlight . com there and my computer will be infected.

Actually, if you google that site, you will see that there is a page that goes to what the message actually says: "This site may harm your computer" notification - Search Help

So it appears that there may be something there, but google doesn't know what it actually is. It is merely warning you. What is on the thread you received the warning from, is a picture that is hosted at that site. It is from the very first post of the thread.

Is there actually some type of malware there? Very possible. Yet I would hazard a guess that it isn't the picture involved in the thread, else more people would be reporting this.

I am getting the same thing from the same thread, but not other threads.

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on thefiringline.com.
Content from www.fluidlight.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more

McAfee doesn't seem to have a problem with it, but Google Chrome does not like it at all.

For reference, as Al noted, the offending object is a photo in the OP showing the cases that wouldn't chamber. The pictures are hosted on fluidlight.

Back