Making a blowback tokarev

45flaco

Zero reason, but I feel the need to make a 32 S&W barrel for my tokarev, and I feel like I could make it without locking lugs, as 32 S&W is incredibly underpowered compared to 7.62x25.
Any ideas on how to put the lug on the bottom for the slide stop pin? I have full shop access, just not sure if I should dovetail it in, or weld it.
I know in an ideal world it would be part of the barrel blank and machined out. But I have a 0.75" barrel blank, so I'm thinking that either the dovetail or weld will work. The top of the barrel will just be smooth, without lugs, so I hopefully won't need to break out the dividing head.

Advice, opinions, and experience are all welcome.

Weld it.
Why on earth .32 S&W? You're going to have a heck of a time getting it to feed from a magazine.
.32 acp is a much better idea, and would still work as a blowback.

Weld it.
Why on earth .32 S&W? You're going to have a heck of a time getting it to feed from a magazine.
.32 acp is a much better idea, and would still work as a blowback.
Actually, I picked 32 S&W because of the magazine, not in spite of it.
Same OAL as the 7.62x25, and very similar rim diameter.
But, above all, I already own it, and cast bullets for it.
I'll give the welding a try, figure it should be more than strong enough.
Thanks!

Do you mean .32 S&W or .32 S&W Long?
Your description is for the .32 S&W Long but you keep saying .32 S&W.

I don't mean to do a clipmagazine on you but there is already enough confusion on terminology of these older and less common cartridges.

I have a number of Tokarevs, in 7.62x25 and 9mm.I'd be interested in hearing how that plays out in a 32. Keep us in the loop for your progress.

Do you mean .32 S&W or .32 S&W Long?
Your description is for the .32 S&W Long but you keep saying .32 S&W.

I don't mean to do a clipmagazine on you but there is already enough confusion on terminology of these older and less common cartridges.
Either one. Headspaces on the rim, and I plan to load both. I usually use the "S&W" marked cases for heavy bullets, and the "S&W Long" ones for shorter/lighter bullets. Both get loaded to about the same OAL. Apologies on the confusion, I usually just load whatever fits. Might even use 327 Fed Mag brass, loaded as wadcutters. Not sure why, but I have some Fed Mag brass around here somewhere.

Hmm, a .327 wadcutter would be a treat, if you can get it to feed.
A friend once got a Deal on some 7.62 Nagant and received Russian Target ammo with little bitty wadcutters

Hmm, a .327 wadcutter would be a treat, if you can get it to feed.
A friend once got a Deal on some 7.62 Nagant and received Russian Target ammo with little bitty wadcutters
Damnit. Now you got me thinking about what guns I can make fire 7.62 nagant...

Back