Makes Me WONDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEYBEAR

Was in my local Gun Shop today I have been a customer for over 40 years .
The owner a good friend told me he sold 6 handguns last week and 4 people were held up for a FBI check . My gunsmith told me Friday he is retiring just too much red tape and he can no longer do his craft but only change parts .

I called a Firearms Coater in Ohio last week to have a Ruger Revolver Coated and have the barrel cut down plus the front sight reinstalled . He said sorry I can not do that anymore ?

Thank Obama for that. He changed the definitions to the point where anyone who does anything to a gun more than just replacing parts is now a gun manufacturer. I know it is stupid but that is what is in the White House. His ultimate goal is to shut down the firearms industry all together. The only ones he wants to have guns are police, military and the UN.

The implications for gunsmiths of the State Dept.'s new rules are under discussion here and here. We don't need a third thread on this topic, and we also don't need yet another general "too much regulation" thread, so I'm going to close this. Feel free to join either ongoing discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back