Makeovers.........

Bob Wright

I read hereabouts of folks who agonize over gun purchases, often time passing up a bargain in the process. Here's a couple of dogs I bought and did a makeover.

Ruger Three Screw Blackhawk .357 Magnum. Loose fitting stocks, worn finish, Ruger transfer bar conversion:

After: .44 Special, daily carry gun, all steel parts:

Before: Hy Hunter Western Six Shooter, .357 Magnum, plastic grips, alloy trigger guard and grip strap:

After: Brass trigger guard and backstrap, walnut one piece style grips:

(This one still in progress)

Bob Wright

I love the brass and blued look. I may find a brass frame for my Black hawk one of these days when I decide to jazz it up a bit.

Forgot to mention awesome work on all those guns. the only Partial restoration I have done so far is my old marlin model 81DL. It came out OK and I might refinish the stock again. There is nothing like bringing back something to life with your own hands though.

Great work, Bob; did you do it yourself or have it done? I especially like the case hardened finish....Rod

Thanks for the compliment.

The Ruger was done by Dave Clements, case hardening by Doug Turnbull, grips by Cary Chapman.

The Hy Hunter was a Do-it-Yourself project. I had a trigger guard from an Uberti, and found a brass back strap for a Hy Hunter. Had to buy a mainspring screw for a Uberti. The grips are home made from some scrap walnut I had on hand.

Bob Wright

Very nice work, indeed....if I haven't asked already, I'd like to be in your will....honest, I'll take good care of 'em. Rod

Back