Makarov Trigger

CJO

I love my Mak but dislike the hard double action trigger...Is there a fluff and buff procedure I might use to smooth things out?...I am certainly not a gunsmith but can reasonably follow step by step procedures....Already tried Makarov.com, but found nothing...Anybody know of any smiths who do Mak trigger work (Besides Beast Enterprises?)

Just shoot it!

You will be surprised how much it smooths out by using it.

My system was to alternate between mag loads. The first one I would fire SA, the next one every shot was DA. Did that for about 500 rounds. The trigger smoothed out nicely.

Even if you still decide on a trigger job, it wouldn't be a bad idea to shoot a few boxes of ammo thru it first.

Thanks to all for the advice....Kevinch, I have fired about 300 rounds so far...Slide is at Ashley Outdoors having a Standard Dot tritium installed...Really looking forward to that....

Anyone still believe in dry firing? After cleaning, I like to dry fire about 150 times, my trigger is nice and smooth, still a little, uh... a little bump just before it fires, but I've had the gun since 95...I luv em

Back