makarov or ruger p95

Status
Not open for further replies.

navdoc

Inactive
Are these two good choices for inexpensive handguns that are good for defense and fun to shoot (relative accuracy)?

Ruger P-95 without a question.. it is a great value and it is a 15 shot 9mm. It is backed by Ruger and a far better value than the other. (Just my opinion) Jeff

I am partial to the Ruger///I have a Ruger p-95

thanks Like2shoot,
I know a gun shop near by that sells mostly police trade-in stuff and I have seen a number of rugers there. What is a fair price for a used handgun of this type?

New Ruger P-95's run anywhere from 250 to 325///I would buy a new one and leave the used market alone. I don't know of too many police issue p-95's. It is a great value in that price range. Good Luck

I think either of those pistol will fill the bill for what you are looking for.But I reccomend the Ruger over the Makarov.Reasons(1)9mm is a more potent and more commonly available cartridge and can be found at almost any k-mart, walmart, sports authority, ect. also defense ammo spectrum is wider too you can get remmington golden sabers,Winchester SXT,Triton Quick-shok,corbon,fedral hydrashok,ect.ect....you cannot do this with the 9x18 cartridge (2)Warranty Ruger warrants their firearms to be free from defects and you can send it back to ruger if you have any problems.. try doing that with the makarov (3)Magazine capacity the P95 accepts commonly available Ruger P89 and P94 high capacity 15 round magazines Yes you can use high-cap pre ban mags in a post ban gun!(4)polymer frame flexes and helps to reduce recoil,and is one less thing you have to worry about rusting(grip is a little slick though I would get a houge handall with finger grooves)(5) Sights are available from all quality manufactuers. including night sights, and you do not have to do any special milling of the slide to get them to fit as with the Makarov.(6)this firearm incorperates better safety features and a De-cocker(7)holsters for the P95 are more commonly available also. off the shelf or custom kydex. I could probably come up with a few more reasons if I tried real hard. Happy shooting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back