Makarov .380 semi-auto pistol made in Russia

AFsgtpapa

Hello, Supporters of our 2nd Amendment. I'm new to the Firing Line and I would greatly appreciate it should the members be able to assist me. I need one (1) or two (2) .380ACP magazines for my semi-auto pistol that I believe is a Makarov. I hope you can help me identify the correct magazine for this firearm. On the left side are the following: IJ-70-380K and "Baikal" [the ".." are on the weapon]; and the serial number: B HT 0XXX. On the right side are these words and letters/numbers: Made in Russia with IZHEVSK underneath. Cal.380-ACP appears just below the ejection port; then B-WEST with TUC:AZ underneath.

The .380 Makarovs uses the same magazines as the 9mm Makarov version. Probably easier to find. Hope this helps.

Looking at Gunbroker.com right now, I'm seeing plenty. Price seems to be around $25 each.

B-West Imports was Jensen's Custom Ammunition in Tucson, Arizona, been out of business for almost 20 years now. Was a good shop

I bought one of those for my daughter back in the mid 1990's. It came with 2 mags and I bought 2 military surplus mags at a gun show a year or 2 later and they were the same other than some military markings.

Unless you have one of the rare double stack mag Maks, all the mags are the same.

BTW, I found they worked better after cutting a couple 3 coils off the springs...

Tony

What they said. Just a clarification. 9mm Makarov is 9x18. 9mm Parabellum is 9x19. The single stack mags for a 9mm Makarov will work fine. Keep in mind there are other pistols chambered in 9x18 Makarov too. eBay would be a good source. Look for Makarov magazines Baikal. Bulgarian Mak mags will work too.

Back