Makarov 19lb Wolf Springs

cocojo

I just put two 19lb wolf springs in my Makarov
pistols. Has anyone done this? Has anyone had any problems with malfunctions? Did anyone have the gun discharge when the slide slammed forward. There is no doubt that this spring is stronger than the original mak spring. Any ammo that you had problems with?

Hello. I replaced the original recoil spring in my commercial Bulgarian Makarov with the Wolff conventional 19 lb spring. I've fired several hundred rounds through the gun with no problems whatsoever.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by putting two 19lb springs in.

Best.

The Wolf 19 lb spring is a good upgrade to the standard 17 lb Makarov spring. If you plan on using hot loads like Corbon, the 19 lb is definately recommended. Since the makarov is a blowback pistol, this spring will prevent a lot of premature wear and tear resulting from using hot loads. I'm like Stephen. I don't understand the part where you are using two 19 lb wolf springs.

I have two guns one east german and a Bulgy
Makarov, that's what I meant about two springs, sorry for the confusion. Thanks for info about shooting them with the
heavier springs. I was worried that it might slam fire because the slide closes harder or it may not work with american ammo. I did order some cor-bon ammo for my guns how do they work? Any expansion and penetration info out of this round? I may mix it up with ball for penetration reasons.

Just curious, how does the Baurnal JHP ammo compare with Corbon? Any need for a 19# spring if shooting a lot of Baurnal (like 1k rounds from Dan's Sporting Goods)?

No worries

I put a 19# spring on my Russian when I picked up a couple of boxes of the 109 grain ammo. Since then I have used it with 95 grain as well and nary a hiccough.

TO: HIPWR40

If I recall, Barnaul is some pretty hot stuff, but I can't tell you from personal experience. I've always just used Corbon for defense and Sellier & Bellot for target practice. I would go ahead and put the 19 lb spring on the makarov. I think makarov.com sells them for around $8 or $9. Karl is great in the customer service department. If you order one, it will usually arrive in a couple of days. Plus Karl doesn't charge shipping and handling.

You should still be able to shoot regular loads with the 19 lb spring for target practice.

thanks Lee M.

I had also heard that the Baurnal was pretty hot..I'll have to try a 19# spring. Especially since Baurnal is pretty much all I'm shooting (JHP at the same price as FMJ, gotta love it).

I put the Wolf 19 lb springs in both my EG and my Bulgie and I have had zero problems. I normally shoot the LVE Green Box.

Well I finally tried the 19lb wolf springs last night. No problems at all matter of fact the gun seems to shoot better. I shot wolf ammo no problems except hard primers, why don't they fix this problem. I shot a box of Fiocchi 95 FMJ what a nice shooting round this is, it's accurate and reliable and very well made. I think I will carry this ammo along with Cor-Bon ammo. I like to mix it up for penetration reasons. I don't know how deep the cor-bon HP's will go. Does anyone know how deep Cor-Bon ammo will penetrate on a torso shot?

Back