• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Main Page Links

Medic

Just a note,

It seems that when one clicks on the FAQ link on the main page, it leads to the discussion forums rather than the FAQ's. I didn't see anything posted here ref. this, but if you are aware please disregard.

Thanks

Interesting Medic. It seems to work ok for me, but let me ask some diagnostic type questions so Rich and/or Caeca will know the answers before they look at the bug.

What browser and version are you using?

When you place your cursor over the "f.a.q." without clicking it, what does the pop-up window say and also what does the "action=" say in your URL ident window (usually at the bottom of your screen)? If the "action=" portion of the URL doesn't show up, please tell us the exact URL that does come up.

You say this occurs on the Main screen, does it also occur on the subordinate screens that also have the f.a.q. button?

Thanks.

Medic - Although you haven't answered the questions, I just realized what you meant by "main page". Not the forum index page but the home page or "front door" as we have been calling it.

Rich and Shaun, Medic's right. The FAQ button on the front door goes to the index page even though the action=faq in the URL. ???

Medic...you're absolutely correct.....the link is wrong.

Shaun-
I'm unable to access 'till Monday. If you get to it before then, please send me an email. Otherwise, I'll let you know.

Rich

Back