Mail Order Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past I've ordered from www.fourseasonsguns.com and also Bachman's Gun & Pawn (usually in Shotgun News & Gun List) with great success. Now mind you, I didn't order online, I called them & ordered over the phone. If you mean giving a credit card online then no. I am not a fool.

Well, then I suppose I'm the fool. But ask yourself, why is so much business being done online today, and why do you and I feel more secure when we give a credit card to a scummy waiter? If you want to be cautious, get a separate, low-limit card that you use just for online and phone purchases - could help you more easily identify the source if something goes wrong. Personally, I've not ever had an online purchase problem, and I'm a very cautious guy about these things.

Anyway, that's not your point. Check out the following sources: http://www.jgsales.com/ (good for Federal) http://www.midwayusa.com/ (good for Remington, CCI / Speer and other premium ammo) http://www.montana.com/hsm/ (recommended by Shawn Dodson at Firearms Tactical Institute)

Expect your UPS driver to look at you a bit funny if you do much of this. ;)

Good luck. Regards from AZ.

I've had fine service and good prices from Cheaper than Dirt: www.cheaperthandirt.com; reasonable service/prices from JG Sales: www.jgsales.com; and I intend to try two additional companies that have good reputations: Natchez Shooters Supplies (www.natchezss.com) and Georgia Arms (www.georgia-arms.com).

In most cases, I use a printed catalog and then place an on-line order.

I am ordering from www.Cole-Distributing.com. Israeli (IMI) 9 mm 124 FMJ new reloadable $139 1000 rds including S&H, works fine; South Africa 9 mm 115 FMJ new reloadable $121 including S&H, did not try so far.

For premium ammo www. proload.com, 9 mm $8.60 20 rds, incl S&H. They use Gold Dot bullets.

Regards

Zentao

I, too, have ordered from Cole Distributing. Got their deal for 1000rds 9mm (124gr FMJ Russian-made) for $109 (about $132 incl. shipping). Received it in about 2-3 days.

I also recently ordered 1000 rds of 115gr JHP from Georgia Arms, which should be coming in today or tomorrow.

However, I understand there is a Miami-based ammo manufacturer whose prices are comparable to that of GA Arms. I'll have to do some more research on them.

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

I've used Cole Distributing, listed above, Cheaper Than Dirt, Cascade, and Natchez Shooters Supply.

I typically buy a case at a time, of 9mm ammo, and a half-case of .45 ammo. I've used Sellier & Bellot, IMI, and PSP (South African ammo), with comparable pricing and performance.

My favorites are Natchez and Cole. Cheaper Than Dirt often has a wider variety of ammo, but their prices aren't always competitive. (The last 9mm I bought I paid $5.93 - which came to about $6.25 with shipping.)

[This message has been edited by Walt Sherrill (edited October 14, 1999).]

The last 3000 rounds I have fired have been manufactured by Fiocchi. Very good stuff. I have been getting it delivered from Kieslers wholesale (888-KIESLER or fax (812)285-5095. 1000 9mm 115gr FMJ are $139, 1000 9mm 115gr JHP are $199. 170gr .40 FMJ are $179. All prices include shipping anywhere in the US.

Since most places require a copy of your driver's license and a statement that "I am over 21 and there are no laws prohibiting me from buying ammunition" anyway, I just fax in my order and ID and get it delivered to my door in 3-4 days. They have a web site as well: http://www.kiesler.com/

If you like CCI Blazer 9mm 115-grain FMJ ammo and you have access to a Sports Academy store, buy 50 round boxes for $5.99. That works out to $119.80 per thousand rounds plus sales tax if any ($129.68 DFW area of Texas). Downside is that the "brass" is aluminum and is not reloadable.

P.S. I don't work for Sports Academy - just buy from them.

The Ammo from Georgia Arms came in yesterday. When I opened the box, I was surprised to find that they had also included two ammo cans (nice extra) all for about $141 total.

One major problem, though--I had ordered 9mm JHP and not FMJ. Called them up, they said, no problem, we'll have UPS pick it back up, you can send us $30 for the difference, and we'll ship you the right stuff.

Very friendly company to deal with--but what else do you expect from the south?

I'll let you all know the outcome of it

------------------
Exodus 22:2 -- Biblical precedent for home defense.

I just received my first order from Claflin Cartridge. I ordered it on Monday. Claflin has the best price I've found on new .45 ACP FMJ - $9.69 per box delivered.

[This message has been edited by Cawdor (edited October 15, 1999).]

Thanks for the many good sites. I'm looking for .357 ammo and seemed to find the best deal at Georgia Arms.

Ulfilas: I really can't tell from the Georgia Arms site if their ammo is factory new or reloads. Do you know? Anyway, I ordered some 125 JHP and 158 SWC for my .357 at an excellent price. I had to pay extra for shipping, but there is no sales tax since I live in Pennsylvania.

[This message has been edited by George F (edited November 28, 1999).]

Thanks for the many good sites. I'm looking for .357 ammo and seemed to find the best deal at Georgia Arms.

Ulfilas: I really can't tell from the Georgia Arms site if their ammo is factory new or reloads. Do you know? Anyway, I ordered some 115 JHP and 158 SWC for my .357 at an excellent price. I had to pay extra for shipping, but there is no sales tax since I live in Pennsylvania.

Ammo prices are sometime cheap but if you look at it,shipping get to you. I uselley buy alot of ammo when i go to gun shows.

I'll give another thumbs up for http://www.fourseasonsguns.com

I shop there(in person) and I can vouch for their integrity and good deals. I was in there last night and was tripping over how much ammo they had in that place. If you don't mind shooting PMC, you can get some pretty good deals. I picked up some Speer Lawman .40 Clean-Fire for 8.95 and I get my Lawman .357 Sig ammo there. 9.95 a box(5 or more)

Check out their site...every guy their is great to deal with especially the owner Carl.

I've ordered IMI 9mm from Cole... fast good service. I'm on their e-mail mailing list, which is handy. I'm sure others offer it.

Question: I've been shooting a lot of Speer Lawman FMJ in .40 and .45, and have been very happy with it. Also some Remington (whatever's on sale locally). Some Blazer too. All good.

Any opinions about what's the best factory ammo (cleanest, most reliable) or if that's too hard to answer, some brands to stay AWAY from? Thanks

I have used Ivanhoe's warehouse with success. I also have spoken to and sent my legal statement to ammoman.com. I have not used ammoman.com, but the prices seem good, and the shipping is included in the price, and no surcharge for credit cards. I also have subscribed to ammoman.com e-mail updates. Watch the shipping charges, as another poster suggested. I also have had no problem using credit cards on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back