Mags for a Browning Hi-Power

hlpsr

Purchsed a new 9mm Hi-Power about a month ago and need some info on hi-caps. I know originally the Hi-Power was designed with a 13 rd. mag, but is that the only one available or are there 15 rd. available as well. I don't want a mag that extends beyond the bottom of the grip.
Any info would be of help.

I've seen 15 round mecgar mags that are flush fit. Don't know if you can even find them any more and they are probably expensive. There are some south african mags that are available from cdnn out of texas. The base is about a half inch thick and sticks out past the base of the gun. They say that they hold 17 rounds, I would say 16. I have 2 of them and they are well made.I have several other brands of mags and these are the best, very similar to mecgars. They sell for $25 plus shipping. The ad is in june 2000 guns and ammo mag,page 12. Phone # 1-800-588-9500

railroader, have you taken the mag safety out
of the Hi-Power? If so how is that accomplished. I read in a magazine that removal of the mag safety would improve trigger pull. I would not feel unsafe with it removed. I have a Glock 19 and 9mm Beretta 92fs without the mag safety feature.
Thanks again.

I have taken them out of few highpowers. It does make the trigger better and the mags will drop free when you hit the mag release. I'll send you an e-mail tomorrow and explain how to do it. It's getting late.

Back