Magnum research 45 or S&W JM 625 45 acp

nailshooter

Inactive
Need some advice. I like both revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. I shot my friends S&W 625 liked it a lot, very accurate revolver. I' found a magnum research 45 acp (baby eagle) at a local gun shop (similar to CZ platform). I have a CZ po7 duty 2011 version and I love it. One of the best 9s I've shot. It's very accurate and a smooth shooter. I enjoy it. I put hi-viz sights on it.

I can get a good deal on both of these guns (JM 625 or BE 45 acp) used in good condition. JM I can get for $600 no tax, BE for 439 taxes and fees not included.

I would use this for HD and fun rage range toy. Any advise. Some say go with what feels best in your hand. Some say the revolver is more reliable and of course the other case is that the BE has a higher round capacity. 625, six rounds, BE 10+1.

Please convince me one way or the other. Thanks

The price on the 625 is pretty good. I would go that way on that alone. Have not heard overwhelming praise on the BEs, other than they are a good 1911 for the monies.

"...Some say go with what feels best in your hand..." More about how well it fits your hand.
However, there's something about a .45 ACP revolver(even though a 625 wouldn't fit my hand or even come close) that the Baby Eagle lacks.

.45 in a high capacity CZ type semi-auto. Only I would go for the SAR K2 45. Actually I did and I love it. The frame mounted safety is a plus for me over the Beagle. and it holds 14+1. Better for range fun part of your usage requirements.I haven't given a really close look at the Magnum Research pistol, but I can't imagine the quality being any better than the SAR. Now they are going for under 500 shipped to your FFL from Bud's

The JM, especially if you have the action worked over by someone who knows what he's doing, is hard to beat.

Suggested retail on a 625 JM is 979$. I haven’t seen any around here under 850 new. The Jerry Miculek grips take a little use to get used to them but for me they work well. I have a set on a M 21 and like them.
For the price they are asking I would have taken it home with me.

I agree with most of the group, I would get the 625JM. I would change out the grips though for a nice set of Ahrends, they work well for me and N frames. The price is also real nice, I think I would have to jump on it. Good luck with yur decision.

Another minor question. What inexpensive 45 acp ammo is the best to run through the JM 625? I have some armscor 45, expansion industries 45, and some winchester 45. Is there a more accuurate inexpensive range ammo to use? For HD I plan to use Federal Hydra Shock.

Going to range on Monday. Hopefully this is not a big difference. I thought it was the Jm and when I picked it up it was the PC 625. Still a good gun I think.

Went to range see pics I am very pleased thanks for the advice everyone. This was at 10 yds. Armscor ans Winchester. I did shoot some expansion industries once fired brass reloads and they were not as accurate. I may pick up some armscosr at the gun show this weekend. Happy Shooting everyone.

Attachments

• 20151002_170426_resized.jpg
    20151002_170426_resized.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20151012_195544_resized.jpg
    20151012_195544_resized.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20151012_195443_resized.jpg
    20151012_195443_resized.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back