Magnified red dot, 2x-4x

BoogieMan

Does anyone make a red dot that has small amount of magnification like 2x-4x (not variable).
I want something with quick target acquisition but still a bit of magnification to help see target at 100-150yds. I have see magnifiers for red dots but I dont want a 2pc unit on a rail mount. I want a single unit preferably a reflex style but I can work with a tube style if thats all thats available. Needs to be a quality unit that will handle big recoil. Also it needs to be a tight mount for handgun. Under $2k
I currently have a Lueopold 2-8x on top of my XVR. The scope is great for target shooting but the view is to restricted for quick acquisition of game.

Correct. I want a 2x, 3x, 4x to shoot out to 100yds.
If I cant find a magnified version I will settle for a RMR or Delta Point or similar.

they dont really make magnified reddots. They dont work that way. An illuminated reticle on a variable pistol scope would be about what you want.

How about illuminated reticle, low power optics ??

they dont really make magnified reddots.
Well, they use to and don't know if they are available anymore. The ones I remember were fixed very low power, like 2X. ...... :confused:

However, not all is lost as you can get a variable, low range scope, with illuminated reticles and I "think" these would fit the bill very well. Some even come with quick-disconnect mounts. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

I think your limiting factor is it going on an XVR. Unless you are only going to shoot target loads the recoil is too much for most handgun optics to hold up for long.

I am using a 2.5-8x32 VX-3 on mine. Unless I have it cranked all the way up the 32mm has a good view, for me.

Look up vortex spitfire 3x that would be pretty much what u are looking for Im not sure about the eye relief. Id have to dig mine out and check.

Burris, Trijicon, Vortex and a few others do make red dots that are fixed power at 2, 3, 5x. For instance, the Burris AR-332. They are typically intended for ARs. As such, the eye relief might give you issues as well as mount height.

There are a few illuminated reticle pistol scopes, but they are not considered to be very good. NcStar makes one. I don't think Leupold makes theirs anymore, but I have seen them used here and there.

Back