Magneto speed??

Sharkbite

Ok...
So im running a standard optical lensed chrono with the usual problems. Bad lighting... Fluorescent indoor wont work. Sometimes iffy results outdoors.... Lots of error msg

Ive tried moving the chrony further away to reduce the effect of mzl blast with ok results

I do a lot of load development for precision rifle as well as sub-sonic suppressed stuff.

So a good velocity reading is pretty important. Shot to shot spread, hitting the right velocity for Subs. Stuff like that

Has anybody used one of the Magneto speed gizmos?

Any better???

A friend of mine has one and I got to use it a couple of times. On the rifle it worked well. Took a few minutes to find the right combination of spacers to fit the barrel. It read every shot I took.
Tried it again a few weeks ago on my 8in .44mag pistol and it didn't read the first shot and after the second I noticed that it was leaving some marks on the devices. We decided maybe we shouldn't be using it will a pistol and stopped.

This was my first experience with a chronograph and because of the pistol problem I've purchased the new Caldwell chronograph. Got it last week and hope to take it out this weekend.

Hmmmm

I hadnt thought about using it with handguns. Ive chrono'd my factory Carry ammo so i know what its doing speed-wise

Still thinking about one of these for rifle load development.

Those look interesting & handy. But re-check your zero after using that - that thing will change your barrel harmonics.

Very innovative - a lot to be said for not having to go downrange, espec. at public range.

According to their site they're developing a more affordable version priced under $200 due sometime this summer. This looks a lot more practical than the current chrony's except for not being able to use them on semi auto handguns.

Back