Magguts p365 easier to load than stock

wild cat mccane

Hey all.

I am hoping someone has experience with magguts in any of the p365 mag sizes. Are they any easier to load?

Stock these dang things are brutal. No issues, just super hard.

thanks for your thoughts!

Are you using an UpLULA? I’d be cautious about making them “easier” to load. That tension is there in part to ensure feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have MAGGUTS in all of my P365 mags and I think they're easier to load than the stock set up. Yes, the UPLULA helps a ton. 14+1 in the P365 is a fine little package. Hard to beat when I think that my other main carry piece is a 4" Mod 2 9mm that goes 16+1, i.e., only 2 more rounds.
The P365 has run just fine with the MAGGUTS, too.

MagGuts made my Shield Plus mags load to +2 capacity easily. Standard 13s would only load 11 or 12. Now....perfect...and 15 rounders.

I asked on another board about long term use....no one was disappointed.

Last edited:
I use one in my LCP.

I don't quite understand why this design isn't standard.

There has to be a draw back, which I'm sure is simply cost?

The expression, “there is no such thing as a free lunch”, comes to mind.

You’re changing the factory configuration of the pistol. It may be in what some might regard as a small way, but of the parts that make up a semiautomatic pistol a magazine is critical. Most of us take working magazines as a given, until they stop working. That’s in part why there are malfunction drills centered around failures to feed.

A difficulty I always find with this is how much data is enough data. Say I go to a website and there are 10 reviews of a product that are good. Is that enough to put in a part that may affect reliability? What about 100 or 1000 reviews? Over the years I’ve read countless five star reviews from people that got a product, didn’t immediately encounter a problem, and then rated it 5 stars. As the same time I also go online and there are endless people that have put 10k+ rounds through their firearm with said product. Lots of people shoot high round counts, but if the claimed round counts we sometimes see online were all true, I don’t think we’d ever be out of an ammunition shortage.

I think my hesitancy with this would be I personally have P365 magazines that I’ve left loaded for periods of time, months in a row, and they have noticeably reduced in spring tension (wild cat likely remembers my thread on it as I know he chimes in). I know we have had practically countless threads saying compression does not wear out a spring, but I have found with the P365 magazines this is much less true than other magazines. My guess is the springs are closer to their elastic limits when fully loaded than perhaps other magazines, which given the fact that it’s a pistol in part famous for its capacity for its size doesn’t seem unreasonable.

So far it sounds like these actually reduce tension, so may they’re better than factory. Test them as you see fit and go from there. My comments are more trying to ascertain why these aren’t in every pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back