magazine spring?

old fart

will the remington 870 magazine spring fit a pardner pump? thought i would get a spare and all i can find are remington 870's. thanks

It will fit inside, but you will want to fully load the magazine after you change springs, and cycle every round out to make sure they feed properly. The regular length 870 tube holds 4 rounds, and the Protector holds 5.

My advice would be to buy a Wolff XP spring. I have one in my Hawk 982. They are longer than the normal 870 springs, and are of a thicker gauge wire.

+1 on the wolf spring not much dif. on price and you wont have any worries on weather its gonna work right or not. :)

i got the spring in that fits a 870 express, it was cheaper than from the factory. when put up next to my mag tube its about 1 and half inches longer than the tube. is this long enough? i've got a wolf on order that is a 5 rounder, just wondered about this one since its already here.thanks

If you want to get a Wolf for a Remington 870, look here at the ones sized for a 3 to 5 shot tubular magazine. 1 inch is pretty short. I have been told that 6 inches is about right.

Why not give Wolf technical support a call? at 800-545-0077 since your Pardner Pump isn't one of the guns for which they have list a spring?

i got the wolf spring in saturday, its about 3 inches longer than the 870 so i've got one good spring and one i don't need. how long will a mag spring last in a shotgun? thanks

I've got mag springs in shotguns that are 30yrs old.

Course, I'm not goin out and shootin sporting clays with them every weekend but a couple of them do have a lot of miles on them.

I always go by the sayin 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.

this gun won't be shot much, its my home defense gun. i'll put about 50rds a month in it just to stay in shape with it. it will be loaded most times and just sitting in the closet. with it loaded all the time i wondered how long till the mag spring weakened. thanks

just took my pardner spring out, its about 3 inches longer than the 5rd wolf spring i ordered. will the wolf still work in it?, the pardner is 5rd i thought a 5rd wolf would work. the 5rd pardner is nearly as long as a 870 6-7 rd spring. this thing is really getting to me. thanks

Springs really only wear from constant moving.

Loading and firing it will wear it more than leaving it loaded. Load and don't worry about it

Back