Magazine(s) for my Glock 19

Tall Man

At http://www.ammoclip.com/glock-19.htm, several variations of magazines specific to the G19 are displayed.

I am interested in obtaining several 'standard' capacity (i.e., 15 rounds as God and Gaston intended) mags for my fantastic plastic. I am not interested in having to pay $147.00 for the privilege of having a factory mag in the aforementioned capacity, though. The alternative here is to pay $35.00 for a Pro-Mag, or $20.00 for a USA magazine.

What is your opinion of Pro-Mag and/or USA magazines in general? For that matter, who has experience dealing with the Ammoclip folks? Any of you that have experience with their products in your Glock 19 should also feel free to post your comments here.

Thanks as always,

Tall Man

Tall Man,
I have purchased 5 of the ProMag 15 round mags for my Glock 19. I have not had a single problem ever with any of them. That goes for factory mags as well, my G19 just keeps gobbling that ammo.
95 % of what I shoot are my own reloads. I do not know how many rounds have been through the ProMags but it is a considerable amount.
I have purchased all my ProMags through http://www.clipsNstuff.com. Great people to deal with and if you have any problems of any kind with the Promags he will take them back no questions asked.
No experience with the USA mags so I cannot comment.
Take Care

The USA mags are junk! Also stay away from metal mags for your Glock. They will cause problems with your mag catch/release.Pro Mags - I have had good and bad in this brand.

If the magazine for your Glock doesn't say Glock on it, I'd avoid it! I wouldn't trust the ProMag, and I will never put a USA magazine into any gun I own!

those prices are pretty high for full-cap glock mags. you can find NFML factory original mags for $50-70 and FML mags for around $75-100. personally if i didn't want to spend the cash on full-cap factory mags i'd rather have Glock 10rd mags that work reliably over 15rd aftermarket mags that aren't as reliable.

I've had 14 (six for my 17/34 and eight for my 19) of the steel-lined polymer mags made by Pro-Mag for a couple of years. They have all been reliable for me.

The original springs were a little wimpy and I replaced them after about six months of constant use with Wolff brand springs. Other than that, they have been trouble free.

FWIW

I've tried ProMags twice, and I've been disappointed twice. With that kind of batting average, they don't get a third strike.

I have no personal experience with ProMags, but several of my friends have bought them and the aforementioned Wolff springs, and never had a single problem with them. I guess that would bring the total cost to about $40 per magazine, and that's a little more than the factory 10-round mags are going for these days.

Personally, I am in agreement with the person who stated that a factory 10-rounder is probably a little preferrable to an aftermarket 15-rounder. That's why I haven't bought any aftermarket mags for myself, nor have I ponied up the ~$70 for a factory 15-rounder. I always figured I'd just buy three or four extra 10-rounders and be even better off. :D

I bought 4 promags for my G17 and 4 for my G19 and after a little work they all work great. While I would not trust my life to them they sure do make a good practice/range mag. Besides it lets me save my pre ban Glock mags for other more important things.

Ditto USA magazines being junk. I know a guy who thought he was slicker than hell, spending 20.00 a peice on them. He called me stupid for buying the factory prebans and the promags, well the jokes on him because his wonder mags jammed all the time and ate through his mag catch.

Back