Magazine Holders

NRAhab

Question regarding magazine holders - I use a Para 16-40 (the doublestack .40), and I can't seem to find magazine holders that fit the mags. Glock magazine holders and generic (read: Fobus) "9mm/.40 Double stack" magazine holders are all too small to fit the Para .40 magazines. Any thoughts? They've got to be IDPA legal mag carriers as well.

Any thoughts and opinions are welcome. If you're at it, I'm also shopping for a new holster, as I just found out that my Blackhawk! Serpa isn't IDPA legal. Oh well, I can always use more gear.

Use double-stack .45 mag holders. A Para .40 and Para .45 mag are dimensionally the same.

For IDPA, I'd probably just use whatever style I used for CCW; Galco makes a nice double mag carrier.

I seriously just ordered the Galco mag holders for IDPA yesterday. My problem with "using what I carry" is that when I carry a fullsize double-stacked auto, I don't carry a spare magazine.

Don't think of the extra mag as "spare ammo", think of it as "malf insurance".

If a modern autochucker goes Tango Uniform, nine time out of ten it's the mag that's at fault. New Mag = Fixed Gun.

I borrowed a couple of Blade-Tech double pouches when I was shooting a (borrowed) Glock 20. I didn't want to spend a lot on a holster for a gun I didn't own, so I bought a $20 Uncle Mike's. The holster, as sold, isn't IDPA legal, but if you remove the two lower screws from the belt slot/wing panel on the back, you create very usable paddle holster. I was surprised by how well it fit and worked for me. When I switched from IDPA to USPSA use, I didn't even bother to return the holster to its original configuration.

Back