Magazine for a IJ-70 380 acp

joneb

A friend has a IJ-70 chambered in 380 acp and has only one magazine for it, he is looking for one or two extra single stack 8 round mags.
Are the magazines interchangeable between the IJ-70 and the PM? I have noticed two types of single stack mags, one has a hump near the base plate and the other has a slot were the hump would be. So whats the scoop?

They use the same magazines. The difference in the magazines that you describe do not mean anything. The E. German Makarov magazines have the hump as do the Russian military version, although theirs is flat on the hump. Bulgarian and Russian commercial Maks such as the IJ70 have the slot. They all work in all types of true PM Makarovs including the .380 acp variants.

"They all work in all types of true PM Makarovs including the .380 acp variants"
Including the IJ-70 in 380 acp? Just to be clear on this.

All single stack Makarov magazines are interchangeable, as far as I know.

The hump is to cover the follower tab on a loaded magazine so it doesn't cut up the magazine pouch.

A friend has a IJ-70 chambered in 380 acp and has only one magazine for it, he is looking for one or two extra single stack 8 round mags.
Are the magazines interchangeable between the IJ-70 and the PM? I have noticed two types of single stack mags, one has a hump near the base plate and the other has a slot were the hump would be. So whats the scoop?

They're exactly the same magazine. Back when I was more into Makarovs, I ended up with 15-ish magazines. Never had to separate out mags for the .380 Mak from the 9x18 Mak.

Including the IJ-70 in 380 acp? Just to be clear on this.

The Baikal Russian commercial Mak in .380, the one with the adjustable rear sight. Yes, that one.

Back