Mag Well Recommendations?

Kg4mon

Hey Guys,
I posted back a couple of months ago about converting a .45 single stack into race gun. I got some very good advice from this forum and just started shooting limited class. Now I'm hooked. :D I am now building a double stack race gun from a springfield frame that I had laying around. My Question is this, What type (brand) of mag well would you recommend? Thanks Rick

I'm planning to put the S&A Para magwell funnel/mainspring housing on my Springfield hi-cap. It requires removal of a small amount of the magwell (frame), but no heavy cutting or welding. S&A also makes partial magwell funnels that require no frame mods.
This is Rob Leatham's Limited gun (actually, from a couple of years ago), fitted with the S&A part:
http://www.robleatham.com/vaultequipuspsalimited.htm

The Dawson is really nice, it is going on my next two guns. My current limited gun wears an EGW aluminum magwell, it works great too. The reason I am going to Dawson Ice from the EGW is that the EGW looks like it was attacked by crazed beavers after a year of matches and dry fire, it is torn up!!!

O.K. I guess I will go with the dawson ice, I have heard other people talk good about them too. Just wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks Guys, Rick

Magwell

O.k. guys, I need some more help here. I decided on a Dawson Precision Ice Magwell but the sales staff say they don't have one to fit a springfield armory 1911-A1 Double Stack Frame. :mad: I would like to find one that doesn't require a whole lot of gunsmithing. Any other recommendations? :confused: I am trying to finish this race gun before the weekend. All I like is the scope mount and the magwell, other than doing the parkerizing on the frame and parts which will come later. Thanks Rick

I'm confused is this post about a single or double stack 1911 magazine well? If its a single stack the SA is a drop in part. The SA magazine well for Para requires the frame to be cut/modified.

Back