Mag release concern

fauxpa46

Any of you P365 owners have an issue with the mag release, in that it is difficult to press with your thumb (sorry - right-handed shooters only)?

Is there an after-market release from which I'd benefit?

Yes. Think it was designed that way for streamlining reasons. It's stiff and angled too far forward. My way to release the mag is to slightly rotate the gun to the left so my thumb is fully on the release. This works for me and there could be other techniques for people with different sized hands. Be interested to see if there is an aftermarket "fix". Regardless, this is my perfect pocket pistol.

I don’t have an issue with it on my XL. There are a lot of accessories out there so I would think you could find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just make sure that whatever you replace it with doesn't make the magazine TOO easy to remove.

Taking an extra fraction of a second to drop a magazine if you ever have to reload during a gunfight is probably not going to be a huge deal.

Drawing a gun that has no magazine in it, or dropping a magazine out of a gun unintentionally in the middle of a gunfight could have much more severe consequences.

As an old 1911 guy I have been considering a P365 as a smaller option, and I didn't notice the mag ejection button hard to operate, but drooping the mag on a gun this tiny has a tendency to stick on the bottom on my palm. I noticed that's indicative of all the small guns, like the P938s as well. I figure the saving grace is the little gun holds 10+1 or 12+1 so the chance of reloading during a confrontation should be slim. For a guy who has been carrying 7+1, and a 7 mag back up all his life, the 10+1 and 12+1 sounds pretty good.

Back