Mag loader? / Such a thing?

slymule

I know they make a speed loader for a revolver. How about a speed loader or an "easy loader" for a magazine. During an afternoon of the wife and I shooting our Sig's (with me being the one thats usually filling the clips), after hundreds of rounds, loading those clips becomes a pain in the butt. Does anybody make something that would turn this into an easy job - or at least a more pleasant one? :eek:

There are loading tools out there. HKS makes an inexpensive loading tool. You should be able to find it at any gun shop. :)

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

So is that whats its called - a "loading tool"? What does it look like and how do they work? Does it work on all magazines or is it specific as to type, manufacturer,etc?

They come in various designs, and are caliber specific ie. a loading tool designed for a .22 magazine would not work for 9mm. Yes, HKS uses the term 'speed loader' in it's advertising. Sometimes a pistol will have a loading tool included with it. A tool was included with my Ruger P95, and one was included with a friend's CZ-75. Your best bet is to check one out at your local gun shop.

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

Back