Mag for Kessler shotgun

Doubleought

The gun is a model 128 bolt action 12 ga. 2 3/4" shells only. I have a magazine for it, but it's missing the spring and follower. Are there any magazines out there that could be modified? I'll try Gun Parts Corp. if that's my only choice, but the wait can be long this time of year.

I don't want to give up on this old workhorse. The action and barrel are in great shape, and the grain pattern on the walnut stock is drop dead gorgeous! Any hope for me?

------------------

Doubleought, I'd try Gun Parts first but you can make a follower. Especially for shotgun mags as the follower won't have the hump. I would measure the outside dimensions in the center of the body and measure the wall thickness from the bottom or one of the ends, wherever you can get to it easiest. Subtract that thicness from your length and width measurements and that will five you the basic rectangle. Any sheet metal 1/16" thick or a little thicker would work. Once you get the basic rectangle you may have to do a little more fitting as you go but it isn't that hard. You can probably use a Mauser or like magazine spring in it. Probably take a couple of hours but might be the way to get it shooting again. George

Back