Mag fed Remington 870 thoughts?

wild cat mccane

870 DM (detachable mag)...What does this mean for pump shotguns? Anything

I know it doesn't replace the 870 lineup, but it's an interesting move given the added height in a pump...

Do you plan to carry extra magazines with you for defense?

If not, how are you going to reload? One at a time?? I'd rather have a tube fed gun with extra onboard rounds to top off easily. What someone above said:

TACTICAL BAIT. Soon to be in the Call of Duty game and Predator movie near you, but in the REAL WORLD a tube gun makes more sense.

I dunno if it's just tactical bait. Maybe not a big gain for some (I don't see myself buying one), but I can see plenty of scenarios where having two mags of different ammo would be helpful. Cops do it with their AR mags, why not with their shotguns? A mag of slugs and a mag of buckshot? Maybe even birdshot? I don't know what combinations people might use, but if it's helpful (and commonly done) in rifles, no reason the same techniques won't apply to shotguns.

Well look how much other mag feed shotguns are selling for, I don't blame Remington for trying to cash in on them. They are not my cup of tea but to each their own.

I don't expect this to replace the tube mag on 870s, but I don't think it's a bad idea for HD. Mag extensions are big sellers for HD 870s. I think that lots of the folks who go that route would just as soon have a 6-round box mag as an 8-shot tube. You can keep an extra box mag or three loaded and ready to go.

Oh come on you know extra capacity mags are already on the way. Just think, instead of a bandolier of shells you can now have a bandolier of full mags.

Back