Mag Extension Question...

ar-180

I was flipping through the Benelli catalog and noticed that they have mag extensions for their semi auto shotguns. Are these legal for non-leo? I was under the impression that anything more than five in the tube of a new semi auto was illegal? If not, what is the big deal regarding a "pre-ban" semi auto? Thanks for your help....

You can't have the two evil features on a post-ban shotgun at the same time. You cannot legally have both an extended magazine and pistol grip on a post-ban shotgun. It's either one or the other. Pre-ban shotguns can have both.

For post-ban....................

You can have any two features in one gun (semi-auto, folding stock, 5+ rds, and pistol grip). Since Benelli M1 & M3 are semi-auto shotguns you can have a 8 rd mag without the pistol grip. Or a 5 rd mag with pistol grip. Not all three features at the same time. If you really want both options, get a 870 or some other pump guns.

Boy, and I thought CANADIAN laws were stupid! Up here, all centrefire semi-auto long-guns (rifles and shotguns) are only allowed to hold 5 rounds; there's no limit on pump-actions or rimfire mags (at least until the next time someone uses one in a well-publicized crime). The way I explain this to my students when I teach the Firearms Safety Course (necessary to get a licence), is to say "The politicians have decided that you're not quite as dead when you're murdered with a pump-action as you are when you're murdered with a semi-auto".

OK, I get it... I can put the extension on a conventional stocked gun, but not a pistol gripped one. Cool, thanks guys.

i got benelli nova pump it comes with a 4rd mag + 1 in chamber and i know that there is a +2 ext for it is it legal on post ban pump without pistol grip
my gun store won't order it he said 5 is the limit
i live in NYC
the manual said that there is +1 ext aolso but the store said they are not imported
so where is the logic of only importing +2 which are ilegal

SDC

Lets not forget a couple of things about the benelli in Canada. You can have a two shot extension fitted to your gun here in Canada and that gives a mag cap or 5 shots. The CFC has also declared that the shell sitting on the elevator is not a magazine and is not therefor added to the magazine capacity of the gun.(got that in writing) So... With my m1 super 90 with a mag capacity of 3 and an extension of 2 and the elevator of 1 and a shell up the pipe I got a total cap of 7 and it is legal so long ad the politicans don't get wind of it and change the CFC's position of the shell on the elevator thing.

Moe

Back