Made my own gas block

josh29j

Machined my first gas block today. It's adjustable and titiunium. Just wanted to share.

Attachments

• IMG_20160424_181504.jpg
    IMG_20160424_181504.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 97
I have never made a gas block, but Randy Ketchum did for me when he was alive. That was for my old 44 carbine when I blew up the barrel.

I have made gas regulators for BAR rifles that are just bolts with holes in them.

I have been doing gunsmithing for a week straight, and I just watched a video on bad gunsmithing and it looks just like me.

Just be glad you are not me, with big ugly gaps between metal and wood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAHkPSumBJQ

Good for you josh29j. We need to see more of that kind of ambition on this forum. I get tired of "Somebody should make a.....".

Yeah I'm a machinist by trade. I playing with making more in stainless. Gonna try to make a nice fixture for repeatability.

This for on my ar 15 I plan on building in the near future. I saw that titiuinum adjustable gas blocks run for about 180 bucks thats a pretty penny

I don't know what titanium costs, but do know it is way more than aluminum. I used to scarf up the bar ends from jobs too. The alloy stuff works good for some of those old long, heavy firing pins in the military stuff. I see job left overs come up on ebay once and a while at a reasonable cost.

Back