Made bullets today

Beagle333

What an awesome day here! 75° with a nice breeze. I made it out the casting shed for the first time in a while and ran a couple of pots of a new mold, the NOE 454-276 Elmer Keith signature line SWC in HP. It was a fun day and I made a pile of bullets. Here's a pic at the end of the day. For the sharp-eyed, no - that's not the total in that pile, and the reason the PID temps don't match is because I had just added the sprues back to the pot. :)

9D62E810-C871-4DA4-B2FF-C06E3CC18EC7_zpsyth2yzxe.jpg

The ol' casting shed. Don't be jealous, but this is where it all happens. ;) haha. I can cast bullets and smoke a rack of ribs at the same time. :cool:
That's my mold oven on the table on the left, with my PID that I built in a MFR box (don't try that at home kids).
5C68546B-EA74-4460-AE9B-1EEBD2A8A31F_zpsgk50yg7i.jpg

Nice set up.

I definitely admire your warmer weather that you have this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty awesome set-up you have going there. Now Beagle, do I see a still back in there?

Just kidding of course. I like the whole thing.

I like bein back here in the woods. Don't get no visitors. Don't want none. :)
Just me and the lead pot, enjoying our Saturday.

Well, and the Missus, but she was off to the right of the photo in her chair, reading a book under the big poplar. :cool:

Nice set up !
I have a NOE Keith Signature in 41 magnum , got it for Christmas...it's so pretty I haven't mucked it up yet casting with it. Sitting on my desk getting admired. I've been casting with the three other NOE's I got .
Gary

That's a great mold. I have one of the NOE .41 Keith signature ones also. It makes really nice bullets. One of these days I need to get me a .41 to shoot em in.

DA05AA79-2D24-49D2-A5CA-379A39DE7FF5_zpsz9vukdys.jpg

Back