Mad Max setup...

Which "Mad Max" 12 Gauge, double barrel with pistol grip setup?

• 8 inch barrel with 000 Buckshot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 inch barrel with 000 Buckshot

• 12 inch barrel with 000 Buckshot

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 8 inch barrel with 00 Buckshot

• 10 inch barrel with 00 Buckshot

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 12 inch barrel with 00 Buckshot

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 8 inch barrel with #1 Buckshot

• 10 inch barrel with #1 Buckshot

• 12 inch barrel with #1 Buckshot

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 8 inch barrel with #4 Buckshot

• 10 inch barrel with #4 Buckshot

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 12 inch barrel with #4 Buckshot

• 8 inch barrel with slugs

• 10 inch barrel with slugs

• 12 inch barrel with slugs

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATN082268

Which of the following "Mad Max" setups would you pick for a 12 Gauge, Double Barrel shotgun with a pistol grip. Basically a law enforcement weapon or personal protection weapon after society collapses.

Last edited:
I voted for the 12 inch barrel with #4 Buckshot but really would go with a longer barrel for longer reach.

None of the above. If it really happens, you are going to need food, and a sawed off shotgun is far from ideal for that. You can kill something at point blank with a 1,000 yard rifle, but you can't kill a deer ar 40 yards with a sawed off shotgun.
If you just want to be a legend in your own mind, a 12" barrel with #1 buck.
Don't forget to get your short barrel shotgun license so you can be legal.

And don't forget to have good insurance for the wrist operations you'll need afterwards..................;):eek:

"Mad Max" was a movie. Nothing seen in it is real. Except maybe for the severe shortage of ammo.
A shotgun with just a pistol grip is the absolute most useless thing on the Planet.
"...Basically a law enforcement weapon..." Isn't a double barreled shotgun with a pistol grip. It's a rifle sighted, 20 inch, pump gun.

or personal protection weapon after society collapses.

An AR with several 30 round mags is a much better choice; even a G17 with some G18 mags is better (and both are much easier to control)

...Basically a law enforcement weapon..." Isn't a double barreled shotgun with a pistol grip. It's a rifle sighted, 20 inch, pump gun.

Don't underestimate the double barrel. I was sufficiently humbled by a man with a double barrel on a fun shoot. And I had a pump and friends with autos. We were all made to look like foos. His time was nearly half of ours

I want either a Mad Max style sawed off shotgun or a modern repro of the Ithaca Auto & Burglar SO bad!!

I voted for the 12 incher with 00 buck. I think 12 inch makes a lot of sense with the short action of the double barrel shotgun. You also will get some decent velocity as most shotgun powders are fast burning.

All that crap looks great in a movie with plenty of costumes and special effects, but a 12" sawed off (essentially an Auto and Burglar Gun) is almost worthless. They kick hard, they are deafening loud, and they are fire-breathers, which all serve to discourage anyone from using them and therefore reduce their efficacy.

And besides, isn't this a TEOTWAWKI thread, and aren't they "non grata"?

The gun was developed due to the limited options in post apocalypse Australia. It was to be fired from a weird monster truck or car.

If only Max had a brace of Taurus Judge's he could have won the day easily. :p

Silly thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back