Mad Dog Vs Blade-Tech IWB.

Tecolote

I'm interested in a kydex IWB for a P228. Anyone have experience with these holsters? Which feels more comfortable, is thinner and has a tighter but not constricting fit? Thanks in advance.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

I just took my BT IWB for my Springfield Compact off earlier this evening. It s excellent,....probally the FASTEST IWB I've ever used. Its adjustable for tension, and the belt loops are adjustable for belt thickness and cant. I would buy another one if I lost this one.

I don't have any experience with the MADDOG IWB.

------------------
Stay Sharp!

Will Fennell/CAMILLUS CUTLERY

Both the BT and Mad Dog GunGlove holsters are made of .090" Kydex (except that the BT has a Concealex option.) I don't particularly like Concealex as it is not as chemically resistant as Kydex.

The BT has belt loops or hooks that are screwed into the holster. MD uses a loop that is integral to the design of the holster, giving it a more streamlined look as well as eliminating the stress points that develop when you rivet belt loops to the body of a holster.

The BT uses rubber grommets and screws for "adjustable tension" on the holsters. MD offers 6 levels of preset, permanent retention that you can specify. No screws to fall apart at the worst possible moment.

I use the MD GG to carry my HK USP40 Compact. It is quite comfortable and presentation is fast and easy.

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com
Street Smart Professional Equipment

if you're considering kydex, don't overlook kytac. the #1 represented holster at the '99 single stack classic was ky-tac by dave elderton. distant second was bt-brand, third was safari-brand. and ky-tac is just one single guy, not a factory full of hands mass producing gear. dave's most innovative holster is his iwb, the braveheart.
skd0102.gif

if you have experience carrying iwb, you'll know that one of the problems with conventional holsters is that after wearing it for a while, IT SHIFTS. remember, the first grip you get is the grip that you live or die with, so you better make it count! i don't stock bravehearts for the sig yet (only 1911 and glock), but dave can make you one. http://members.aol.com/KYTAC/index.html
it's made on actual guns, not molds, and it's worth the wait!
best,
joe

------------------
www.skdtac.com
tactical accessories for self-defense and le

Thanks all for the information.

Arnistador,

How do you know what preset tension to choose? If you don't like the tension you chose can you send it back to MD? I've tried emailing them but I haven't gotten a response yet.

------------------

I got totally disrespected and screwed by BT in the past, watch yourself. I have had problems with some of MD's kydex being to tight, I have been absolutely elated with SKUNKWORKS. His kydex is a work of art. That would be my recommendation and I have experience with both MD and BT. Good Luck.

I have both the Gun Glove and Blade-Tech IWBs. I find the Gun Glove is better for concealment, but the blade tech is easier to draw and re holster with. If I had to choose just one, I would go with the Gun Glove because it is much easier to conceal. Also, I have had trouble with the loops on my Blade-Tech coming loose and letting the holster change its orientation, but the Gun Glove stays put if you buy it for the correct belt width.

Tecolote,

There are several different preset tension levels you can order. I recommend getting the standard tension, and *if* you find that your needs dictate a different tension, send it back to us and we will have MD adjust it. Once it is set, it will be that way for as long as you own it.

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com
Street Smart Professional Equipment

Thank you all for kindly sharing your knowledge. I thought choosing a daily defense tool was difficult, boy was I wrong. Buying a holster sight unseen is even more demanding. I like the BT because it has an inner tab to protect against chafing but I've also heard some very good things about other makes. I'll let you know what I decide on.

------------------

Back