Mac 90 legality

Rob B

Inactive
I was informed that only 2 options may be placed on a "banned" firearm. One would be the detachable magazine. Would it be legal to buy a pistol grip for a thumbhole stocked mac 90? They sale for 7 bucks or so, and that wouldn't be that bad.
Also what would the leagality be in having a pistol grip only no buttstock or a pistol grip and seperate wood or metal (folding) stock? I beleive a metal folder would render it illegal. But what about the non folding 2 piece wood stock?
The rifle has the thumbhole version and I WILL NOT buy the attachments if it is illegal.
Thanks.

Sec 922(r) states that no one can assemble a firearm in the preban config, using more than 10 imported parts. You can check ATF's web page to get the actual reg, word for painful word.

What it means is that you can put a pistol grip and separate buttstock on the Mak90, but only if it contains no more than 10, very specific, imported parts. Some of the specific parts are: butt, pistol grip, handguards, muzzle attachment, bolt, carrier, and about 25 in all. There are kits offered that replace enough parts with US-made parts to allow you to have the pistol grip.

It's a pain in the butt, but that's what we're stuck with at this time.

Back