MAB Pistols

I am looking for someone that has some actual history on the French pistol manufacturer named MAB. I have one of their .22's, and would like to find some real info on them. Thanks a lot.

Mab stands for "Manufacture d'Armes de Bayonne", who started producing automatic pistols based on Browning system in 1921.

MAB's also made commercial guns and sold well in Europe and in the US.

The centerfire guns were used during WWII by German forces (some models exist with German marks) and the French army.

The centerfires are now only used as surplus pistols for the French police.

Thanks for the reply. I am actually looking for a site that has some in-depth info about them. I have found those little pieces of info here and there, just nobody that has a wealth of knowledge.

Maybe 15 years ago? I don't know, a bunch of MAB D autopistols were imported into the country, I think they were going for maybe 150 and were in .32 auto. Neat little pistols with history and a good rep but to get them imported, they had to add points by putting on awkward looking rear target sights and ugly "target" grips. But then some folks found the original parts available so brought them back to proper appearance. I think they were in use for a long time, I have heard of captured German marked examples. Occasionally you will see a imported one with the crummy add ons for sale, of course the price now is ridicyou- riddicul... Silly!

Back