M91 finn. Should I buy (Bubba)

M4Sherman

Well I stopped by a local gun store and the owner who knows I collect Mil-surplus rifles said he had something for me.

He goes behind the counter and pulls out a 1903 dated M-91 Mosin with a scope mount and bent bolt. to be stark the gun looks like hell and it has two BOLTS Jb welded to the receiver to hold the scope mount on, (You tighten two nuts). Well I inspected it and noticed it has a SA stamp on it and the boar is pitted but the rifling is great.

So here is my question. is this rifle worth the $150? it looks like I could straiten it up a bit and have a Finnish M-91 (The SA is a Finnish mark right) to make a decent shooter out of but it will never be a collectors piece

Yeah a finn m91 dated 1903 is great for $150 even bubbed, just turn it in to a project and restor it and make a thread showing your project from start to finish.

Well, I'd say that a really nice rearsenaled SA-marked M91 would sell for around $250, so it's up to you as to whether there's been more or less than a hundred bucks worth of damage to the one you're looking at.

There are a couple of them on GB right now with no bids at $275.

Me, I would not buy it, but it's up to you.

Back