M91/30 prices

srt 10 jimbo

Have seen a steady increase on prices at Gun shows , 3 months ago the Tulas were going for $150, Yesterday there was not one for under $200:eek:

If you have a Big 5 near you, always be on the lookout when they let the Mosins go for ~90.00. They'll sell you a tula at that price - i seen 'em :rolleyes:

Also, I cannot stress enough about looking on gunbroker.com. I picked up my tula hex laminate stock (in beautiful condition) for 75.00. :p :D

If you have a Big 5 near you, always be on the lookout when they let the Mosins go for ~90.00. They'll sell you a tula at that price - i seen 'em

I bought one from them last September. But last week was the first time they offered a milsurp for sale since the beginning of the year, and it was a 24/47 or vz.24 for a mere $250.

Two reasons:

1) General increase in demand for guns has got some retailers believing they can jack the prices up on everything. They may ask $200, doesn't mean they're going to get $200. :rolleyes:

2) Based on watching what's advertised at the milsurp suppliers, the supply of fresh 91/30s has dried up in the last two months or so. IMHO it will probably pick back up, at which time I'll probably get another one or two or six. ;)

Just ride it out with Big 5. They'll sell them for silly prices, until they get a big shipment of them in, and then they will drop the price back down to normal. they do it with knives, too- they keep a cool s&w 6" blade there for 79.99, then drop it to 18.99 when they have a lot of 'em.

And yeah- that 24/47's a rip off, aint it? :confused:

Are the Century Mosin Snipers worth it? I've been wondering this for a while as I really want one. I think they'd be great hunting rifles.

Well, if I had known how much I would have spent converting mine to a P/U? Yep- probably would have bought a century one. :o

But if you wanna do it yourself (it's kinda fun, the metal's pretty soft), it generally ends up about the same price. Let's see...

Rifle itself w/ tax ~95.00

Scope mount kit from gunbroker + shipping ~120.00

Scope from gunbroker + shipping ~ 145.00

bent bolt kit from buymilsurp ~ 85.00

Install-me, so free

total = 445.00...... well, I guess it IS worth it to build your own, by 40 bucks! :D :p

Back