M66 Silhouette - 7 Shot 12 Inch 357 Reviews?

JEEZE, I DONT KNOW.....

My 7.5" 357 Redhawk can ONLY be described as a 'reach out...' revolver.

(BIG CYLINDER, little teeny charge holes, cases stuffed completely full of powder, 180g JHP's, blown primers LOL)

Long barrel .357s

If you want to 'settle' for just six rounds, and are talking a DA revolver, Dan Wesson used to market their .357s with 2-1/2, 4,6,8,10,12 and even 14" barrel lengths. I don't know where the new owners of Dan Wesson stand on bringing back the 'small frame' or .357 size guns again. After the latest reorg, they started with the big boys (41mag and bigger) first. Try their website ( www.dan-wesson.com ). I have seen some individual long (10- and 12-inch) barrels at some of the local gun shows in the $175-200 range, so if I was so inclined I might try there first.

Now, with all that said, I'd like to point out that when I pull out my 8" .357 at the range, people tend to notice 'that cannon'. I can't imagine packing around a longer barreled gun out in the field. I'd have to call a gun like that 'field artillery' ;) !

Silhouette ?........357 mag ? At only 50 ounces and a 12" barrel that thing looks a tad on the light side.

I would want to see a lot of meat in the cylinder walls and barrel/frame juncture before feeding a steady diet of 200 meter Ram tipping loads.

For that kinda .357 shootin WS2 seems to have the right gear.

Sam.....and I love my old Smiths. (The 19 on my leg made me type that.)

Back