M57 is home! (pic)

Kevinch

Well, as I stated in the other thread, the previous owner of this revolver & I managed to agree on a price which resulted in the addition of a .41 Mag to my collection.

You'll have to excuse the pic; I didn't take a lot of time with setup or lighting! The gun made it home yesterday (after I paid my money & the Instant Check said I was agood guy), but tickets to the hockey game precluded cleanup or pics. I did a quick clean up tonite & shot a pic to post:

(Well, I tried to post a pic but it appears that ImageStation has now decided to block image hosting for other websites. So, I've attached the pic as a file in the next message.)

The pic does show the bluing wear on the left side of the muzzle & tip of the front sight, the right side is worn in similar fashion. There is also a spot noticable on the frame above the trigger, and a small amount on the leading edge of the cylinder. The right side doesn't have the spot above the trigger, but does have a small wear mark on the front corner of the frame, ahead of the trigger guard & below the barrel shroud.

Thanks to all for the advice I received here concerning the pricing. This is the first S&W I have bought in one long time, the last S&W revolver was around 1989 or 1990. It feels good to have another one; I wish they would get themselves back on track & out of the agreement so I would be able to look at a new one. Until then it's used & pre-agreement only, but it is rewarding to find that clean used specimen that you've wanted foe a while!

Now I have to start collecting funds for different grips, a round butt conversion, chamfered cylinder charge holes, trigger smooth & polish, etc. :rolleyes: It never ends......

What a pain! First, ImageStaition changes their policy. Then, my file is too large so I have to try & trim it....

AARRRGGG!

Lets hope this works...

Attachments

• model 57 web.jpg
    model 57 web.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 199
And this is what you can make out of it if you're willing to part with a few hundred bucks in parts and labor:

pc57.jpg

Mine looked just like yours when I got it.

Beautiful gun!

(Glad to see you remembered to include a knife in the picture. That's in the rulebook somewhere... ;) )

Thanks!

lendringser, I do like what you've done with your 57. But - since you've already done that, now I can't! :p

Actually, I think I'll probably have it converted to a round butt & get a set of nice grips, maybe have the forcing cone & muzzle crown checked & trued if necessary, maybe a ball lock on the crane, cylinder chamfering, trigger smoothed & contoured, etc.....it's all a question of $$. I'll leave it traditional DA though, but maybe have the hammer tang trimmed and re-profiled.

J. Parker: thanks - & all I can say is that a .41 was on my short list for a while. It took some time before I found what I wanted at a price that was acceptable to me. Just keep on cruising those gun stores & gun shows....

Mike Irwin Sorry Mike - maybe you were to anxious! :)

To be honest, I thought I was going to turn this one over to you. The owner started at $350 and it was to fund a new purchase; I didn't think he would get down to where I wanted to be. As fate would have it he did - but had he not, I would have passed the information onto you. If I spot another I'll let you know.

Tamara: Thanks!

LOL!

Yes, a knife did make it in there. Again, I didn't take too much time to set the shot up.

Actually, that was not my only choice. While giving my dresser a quick glance for a suitable prop, 2 items jumped out at me. One was the watch, & the other was a set of my briefs.

I would have went with the underwear, but they aren't HANES & I don't know if Michael Jordon posts here often or not so I decided to use jewlery :p

Back