M57 Help

• Thread starter Thread starter M58
  • Start date Start date
M

M58

OK, problem; New, unfired, we all checked, M57 Nickel, P&R, .41 Mag, my caliber, beautiful looks, action, stocks. On consignment for $579; no discount.
Pass on it?
Do not have cash 'cause of other gun madness.
Or, get 6 month same as cash purchase?:confused:

Last edited:
Unless they're extremely popular in your neck of the woods, that sounds a little steep. Even if it had the box and such, around here that'd be a $450-ish gun.

How badly do you want it? It sounds like a great gun, but it's $100-150 over what it would fetch around here. A pinned and recessed 57 is nice, but not particularly rare, and the nickel finish doesn't add enough to it to justify almost six bills.

REPEAT AFTER ME: We can't have ALL the nice guns,...We can't

have all the nice guns...'specially when they are
$150 over market. Find a nice K frame in 85-90%
and put it on lay-a-way....dewey

As the others posted above, that's about $125/$150 too high, in my opinion. I have the S&W 57, nickel, 6" bbl., in the box, all papers and cleaning kit, and although I use it in the woods, it's in very good condition. But, if I were going to sell it, I'd price it at around $450/475.

The revolver and caliber are excellent, however. Can't go wrong if you can get that one for the right price.

J.B.

Jay,

I agree with Tamara. I personally own five specimens of the S&W M-57 series and have never paid more than $400 for the nicest of the bunch. The guy is way overpriced.

I think if you offered him $450 he might go for it.

The only exception would be if he invested heavily in some action work from one of the better smiths that can be documented. Then a little extra $$$ might be in order.

Check Gunlist and Shotgun News for other M-57s for sale.

- Anthony

Appreciate all the comments.
I paid $500 OTD.
I know this is $50 over Supica's price.
But I have not seen a nickel in 2 years at the local shows. Even the stainless are hard to find around here.
:rolleyes:

I completely understand,

Sometimes you just get the "gottahaves". Been there, done that; how does it shoot? :)

Will be out of country for a week; will try to shoot it upon return.:)

Nickel plating is uncommon in modern S&W magnums so that would add value though it won't make it shoot any better. I would offer $500 myself.:cool:

I own 6" Model 57 but it's blue and has never been fired. I just checked my blue book out of curiousity and a 100% is worth $350.00 with an additional 10% permium for the nickle finish, plus another 10% for pinned barrel and recessed cylinder.

7th

Back