M3A1 Grease Gun by Valkyrie Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GI Joe

Is anyone familiar with this weapon? I like the exotic firearms and this one definitely looks different. It lists for $700 with 3 original 30 round GI mags and a loading tool. I have never heard of Valkyrie Arms and wonder if this is just another "junk gun" imitation or a good reliable gun? Also, is this considered a rifle or pistol? Thanks.

It's considered a rifle.They made it with a 16 inch barrel because of the wire stock and the stock is fixed because of the crime bill.

Grease Gun...

I saw the ad in Shotgun News. You know what that is don't you, thats the Grease Gun submachine gun in .45ACP from WWII. It was called the grease gun because of how it looked. Its not exactly new. It was the U.S. answer the the British Sten gun in 9mm. It was also to replace the Thompson because it was easier to produce and a heck of alot lighter. Decent for what it was originally made for, but as a semi, long barreled, fixed stock....maybe as a collector piece? It was also originally open bolt in design, as I noticed that this one is closed bolt. They were used until just recently. I had a buddy that was a tanker in the Army awhile back and he said they still had some in their armory.

Not quite the one that was used in WW 11.This is a later version.I too have looked at it but I can't aford it plus I don't realy like the idea of a fixed stock and a 16 in tube.I know it has to be to be legal but I don't have to be happy about it.

A friend has one of them, I would not sink any of my hard earned money into one of them. The dustcover just flops around, no way to latch it in place since the makers did not copy the cover of the M-3. It fires from a closed bolt while the M-3 was/is an open bolt gun, they had to make it a closed bolt gun to get ATF permission to make it. I do't think that many of the M-3 parts will work in the semi version so you would be really dependant on teh maker to 1: stay in business and 2: offer spare parts.

M3

The original M3 fired from an open bolt. No firing pin or safety. The bolt had a "lump" on the face that struck the primer. The breech had a trapdoor that would close only with the bolt to the rear and had an angled protrusion that then held the bolt open as long as the door remained closed.

A neat little handheld bullet launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back