M1e1935a

Longname:
Will need to know more information. Rifle, Pistol, ? Describe it. Bbl length, no. of shots, any markings, however slight they may seem.

HJN

This is a French pistol that fires 7.65 Long. Good luck in finding any ammunition for it, it French military were the only ones ever to have used this cartridge. I recall reading somewhere that the only firearms that ever used this cartridge were the 1935A, the 1935S and the MAS38 submachinegun. I have a 1935S in my safe right now.
The 1935 series is a variation of the 1911A1 that Charles Petter of Societe Alsacienne de Construction Mechanique (SACM) designed. The principal differences lie in the system of housing the recoil spring, the use of a single wide locking rib on top of the barrel, the provision of a magazine safety and a safety catch on the slide and the positioning of the hammer and lockwork in a separate sub-assembly.
The -A model has a curved backstrap with the muzzle flush with the front edge of the slide whereas the -S model reverses the barrel locking system by forming the lug on the undersurface of the slide-top and the recess in the material of the barrel. The -S model also has a straight backstrap and a slightly protruding muzzle.
Length-7.45 inches (189mm)
Weight (unloaded)-1lb 10oz (.73kg)
Barrel- 4.3 inches (109mm) 4 groove right-hand twist
Magazine-8 round detachable
Muzzle velocity-c.1000fps (305mps)

fal is one of them fellers that can just smell the air where a gun was fired a week ago and identify the manufacture, model number, caliber and if the shooter was wearing proper hearing protection. Given favorable weather conditions, of course. ;)

------------------
Gunslinger

Back