M1A Standard vs Match or Loaded.

Keeper

I have M1A Standard (Loaded) on lay-away but I was wondering if it was worth it to go ahead and get the Match. I have heard some say that it is best to just get the standard if you are not going to do any competition shooting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Keeper (edited July 26, 1999).]

I bought the "loaded" and it shot sub 1 MOA out of the box. I will not be doing any competiton shooting so I like the more durable GI config.
Hiker

[This message has been edited by Hiker (edited July 26, 1999).]

I'd stay with standard. No frills and less tempermental. Match guns have to be pampered and fed special ammunition diets. If you're into grab and go, rugged and reliable, stay with standard.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Keeper, Like I always say, shoot it and if you think you are out shooting it get one that is more better! Or you could send the one you have off for a tune up. I don't think that you will be unhappy with the choice that you have made.
Good Shooting, Hank

Keeper,

I got my Loaded last year and first trip to the range it shot a .75in at 100yrds group with some of the first shots out of it. That was with the peep sights. You won't be let down with your choice. I have shot just about every possible round through it ...even reloads down to 110grn homemade HP's and it ate them all with out a hick-up. It really likes white box 147's.

What a great Evil Black rifle.

------------------
lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate

[This message has been edited by freefinkelmann (edited July 26, 1999).]

Back