M1A Sight in

Dave P

Novice questions: I sighted in windage at ~50 yards today. With the front sight centered in dovetail, the rear ap was 2 notches to the left. Not clicks, but 2 of the 8 notchs on the rcvr. This seems awfully far off for a new rifle, doesn't it?

So, to make better use of the windage system, I moved the frnt sight all the way to the right in the dove tail (.07") and then moved the rear ap also .07 to the right, making it just about in the center now. Is this last adjustment correct: moving both sights to the right?

Is there something else I should do? That front sight sure looks off-center to me!

Thanks
Dave P

Don't worry about appearance too much, my front sight is almost a full 1/16" left of center.
My rear ap is centered, but it is now a straight shooter.
Mine was shooting to the left when I first got it, and my rear ap had to be moved two whole notches to the right to get the rounds on target.
I just gradually moved the front sight in the appropriate direction, until the rear was centered, and everything's been as it should be since then.
One thing though, moving both sights the SAME direction does seem a little strange. :confused:

------------------
"Rise like lions after slumber in invanquishable number - Shake your chains to earth like dew which in sleep had fallen on you - Ye are many - They are few."
-Percy Bysshe Shelly (1792-1822)

Back