M1A/M14 Magazines. Any good sources?

Hard Ball

I have just aquired a Springfield M1A .308 rifle I would like to obtain some more 20 round magazines but find Springfield's $89.95 price a bit high. Can anyone recommend a good source (or sources) for good quality magazines at lower prices? Surplus militery M14 magazines would be quite acceptable.

Try the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP). They were selling mil-surp M14 magazines at Camp Perry this summer.

Hardball,

I've got six(6)extra 20 round mags. for the M1A, if your interested, i'd take $45.00 ea. for em. also would you be interested in some lake city match .308, very good ammo. give it to for $15.00 a box.

Try Cole's Distributing. I purchased 10 of the "very good to excellent" variety and they all work great. One had a little sand in it, but it was easily cleaned.

I've seen new-in-wrapper GI issue M14 mags at gun shows for around $50-60. Most used ones go for around $35.

Rich
http://www.cole-distributing.com/specials.html

[This message has been edited by richardb (edited December 20, 1999).]

It has been a while so I might be wrong but last time I checked you could buy five per year from the CMP if you are a member of a CMP affiliated club. That is five new and five used, price was less than $20 last I checked, that was for new. If this is not the case let us all know.

Thamks Richardb. Took your advice and ordered magazines from Cole. I received them today and am extremely pleased. I apprecuate your good advice.

RichardB:

Thanks for the link to Cole Distributing. I ordered 3 magazines. The salesperson said she is not expecting the market to dry up soon, and that she is getting another load in a few weeks.

But, given the political climate, why take chances?

CDNN investments also has them. I ordered some a couple of months ago, and the mags are PERFECT. Brand new USGI...

The MFR stamps on mine are BW S1 (Borg Warner) for those curious about such things.

Cliff

Back