M1991A1 .45 ACP - Model 01091- Questions & Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well stdalire, the Colt 1991A1 is their latest variant of the Colt M-1911.
Except for the Series 80 firing pin plunger, the gun hasn't changed much over the past 88 years.
The most "common" fault with a mass produced 1911 is NOT feeding HOLLOWPOINT ammo . :(
This is usually remedied by polishing the feed ramp of the barrel & sometimes adjusting the feedlips of the magazine.
Getting a nice "crisp" 4lb trigger pull is helpful as are aftermarket sights that allow you to obtain a good clear sight picture. :D
The arched mainspring housing can be changed for either a flat or wedged shaped one to help position your hand better.
The grip safety "tang" can also be changed to an upswept variant to give your hand a higher grip & lessing muzzle flip.
The Wilson "drop in" beavertail is good for a do it yourself person as it DOES drop in !
Hopefully yours works ;) but if it doesn't give George Stringer a yell on the 'Smithy board !

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
Alternate E-mail
hs2k@email.com

[This message has been edited by HS (edited September 21, 1999).]

The main problem with a 1911 .45 when you buy it... Your not buying a pistol - your buying a HOBBY.

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Model 01091 designates a matte stainless steel 1911A-1 style pistol. I have one and it shoots great. I have to agree with George about the hobby business. My pistol had no problems at all, but I "had to":
1. Replace plastic trigger
2. Install Wilson spring kit
3. Polish feed ramp
4. Install 2 piece full length guide rod
So far this gun has digested everything I stuffed into it, 230gr ball, 230gr LRN, 200gr LSWC, 185gr Hornady XTP JHP.
The magazine spring did have some trouble after 1000 rounds or so, but a Wilson 8-round magazine kit seems to have solved that. Enjoy your new pistol. It's a good one.

HS, George & Sport45:

I think I will be joining the world of Hobby Business and Adventurism of enhancing my pistols. ‘am glad to hear the tips of customizing it. Expect to hear more from other experts.

“Love of Learning Opens the Gate of Knowledge”

Sonny

I admit to being a fan of Colt's 1991A1 series, and have one each in .45 ACP, .38 Super, and 9mm. IMHO it's the closest thing to John Browning's original pistol that's in production today. For this reason, I decided to leave my 1991A1s straight factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back