M1891 Argentine Mauser Cal 7.65

Gator Weiss

I bought one long ago in cut up condition. I don't like to see military guns chopped. I like them intact and original. If I want to build something I will find one already chopped to work with. I have re-stocked this one with a Richards MF, added mounts, buhler safety, scope, replaced the rear sigh with an original rear sight. I can't find the entire original front sight. I can find the sight but not the base. I like Iron Sights. I want to be able to detach my scope in the field and use my ladder sight when I want to. I need the original front sight base and front sight. I have tried and tried to find one. No luck. Any ideas? I am about to install a browning ramp and add a dovetail blade if I can't find the original. Making one last attempt.

Anyone have one for sale?

Gator, Checked my collection of spare Mauser parts and may have a 91 Argy front sight....least ways it has what I think is a stamp mark used on an Argentine 1891 that I scoped a number of years ago and removed the front and rear sights from, finishing the sporterizing started by someone else.

Also have a shot out 91 Argy barrel from a rifle I used for deer hunting back in the 1960s. However, guy I bought the rifle from back then had barrel shortened back to the second step of barrel and a ramp front sight installed on it....a Williams peep sight was installed on the receiver. Not sure it would be a proper fit for the diameter of what should be a third step of a 91 Argy barrel.

Back