M17 Trigger

Quick1

I am in the Air Force and we have begun transitioning to the M18. Sad day the military did not go with Glock, but that is another topic. I have never fired a Sig, and since the M18 is not available yet, I went ahead and purchased a M17.

Similar to my Beretta M9, I am not a fan of the M17 trigger. I sapped out my Factory M9 trigger to a Langdon Tactical trigger and if made a world of difference.

So, I am contemplating installing a "Grayguns" trigger in the Sig M17. Wanted to see if anyone here as any experience with Grayguns or other after market Sig triggers. Or any thoughts on factory vs after market triggers for the M17. Any words of wisdom/advise.

Thanks

If you're going to be issued the M18 I'd use the same trigger in my personal gun. I also have an M17 and like you feel the military could have saved a ton of money and gotten Glocks off the shelf and been fine. Sig just reinvented the Glock and added a safety.

But if you can master a Glock trigger or Beretta M9 trigger you can master the factory Sig trigger. Aftermarket or modified triggers are OK on range or target pistols. Not so much on guns carried for personal defense.

Sounds advise, and what I "should" do, but I have such a hard time not tinkering with my guns, especially the triggers. But, I think my best option is to leave it stock. Thanks

I would try another couple of the guns if you can to see how the triggers feel.

In my (admittedly limited) experience with the P320 pistols, the triggers have been very good. Certainly nothing a person who shoots Glocks would complain about.

Maybe you got one that has some issues.

For some reason when I shoot P320s I always need more time to adjust to the trigger than I do with other striker fired pistols. I get there eventually, but going straight from Glocks or similar doesn't yield great results. The pistols can shoot though. The best group I've ever made was with a P320 and when I've used them in courses they've worked out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JohnKSa, thanks for your comment, but let me clarify. I do not think there is anything wrong with the factory trigger and it feels like others I have handled But, I usually modify all my triggers to make them better. For example, all my Glocks have Overwatch Precision triggers which have a much better feel than the factory triggers.

But in this case, I am trying to decide if I should leave it stock since my purpose in purchasing this pistol was to practice for when I shoot my Air Force duty pistol. My logical side tells me to leave it alone, but my tinkering side tells me to install the Grayguns competition trigger.

Well, as long as you have the knowledge and capability to verify that alterations to the trigger pre-travel don't disable internal passive safeties, I suppose it doesn't hurt anything. Otherwise, the only way to verify that it's safe would be to perform drop testing on the modified gun.

That said, if you bought the gun primarily for familiarization purposes, I don't think it makes sense to change the gun so that it doesn't serve its intended purpose.

I've owned the PELT from GrayGuns. I honestly didn't feel like the difference was that noticeable. Now the competition set does come with more so maybe it will be noticeable.

Back