M14 Pistol grip stock

Kevinw

Does anyone make these? If so where can I get them and how much will I pay? I know they make them for the M1 carbine and ither military weapons. But I have not seen any for this weapon.

Fred's stocks has the M-14E2 stocks in various conditions with the best stocks aeound $375 or so and the price and condition go down from there. McMillian also makes their M2A stock but they aren't cheap either running around $400 for the one I have with the adjsutable spacer system and cheek piece.

BTW Gale, I really like that DMR stock for my M-14 but I haven't got it mounted yet. The main problme is in trying to find somebody to steel bed the stock. Any suggestions on who I can send it off to that can do the job and get it back in a reasonable amount of time? Also, what's your opinion on bedding a stock with Devcon instead of the traditional glass or steel bedding compounds?

I tried to post yesterday but server problems.
Kevin, This is a link http://www.acmecity.com/rosie/flower/304/fultone2.jpg showing what the E2 configuration looks like. I worked this up on a new never finished stock that I got from Fulton Armory. Fred's looks like a great source if you want wood and $400.00 is cheap in any case for a good E2 stock.

USMCGrunt, Is the Steel Bed the Brownells product? If so it works as easily as their Acraglass Gel. If you know the drill I will be happy to loan you the fixtures.

Hank

HankL, I appreciate the offer of the tool loan, but having never done one before and not wanting to screw up a $400 McMillan stock, I would just as soon let somebody else do it. I was paranoid as hell doing my Remington 700 with a McMillian A4 stock afraid that I might have screwed something up and that one was the easy one. LOL But about the steel bed, yup, that's a Brownell's product, or at least it's in their catalog. We have one gun smith over here in Fargo that swears by Devcon claiming that it's better than even the steel bedding compounds but he doesn't do M-14 stocks either. :(

Kevinw, here's Fred's phone numbers.
Info: 336-879-2144 Orders: 1-800-979-2144 and if you don't get an answer at those try 888-979-2144.
If THEY don't work try the warehouse: 919-663-2027.
The E2 stock prices are "Presentation" $375, "As new" $325, "Excellent" $275, and "Very good" (needs refinishing) $250.
I only live 15 minutes from Fred, and he's gonna' meet me at the warehouse next week to "shop". :D

USMCGrunt, I have used Devcon products for quite a few things but never a bedding job. It might work! Gale and the MCBROS will certainly bed your rig for $$ as well as Fulton Armory etc. I know that Fulton will do an amazing bedding job "for a price" but this is one of the first tricks I ever learned on a M-14/1A. Get the books, a rifle vice like I have!, and try it with a wood stock first.
On your rifle, you must pay attention to the undercuts on the metal. A Garand is much more unforgiving than the M1A but... A Dremel type tool is very helpful here to make the cuts and recesses here. A pinch of modeling clay and plenty of mold release and you are close to home my friend.

Thanks to everyone.. but that is a bit.. Ok a LOT out of my price range. I was thinking I could find one for around 100 or so. Thank you all though.

Back