M14 Parts Set, Any Value??

PointBlank

Inactive
What kind of value would a original usgi m14 parts set have?
All the parts are there minus the receiver. All the parts are usgi.
All parts look to be in excellent condition.
Is it worth trying to sell?

PointBlank.

I would get a Shotgun news and look at the bigger sellers parts
sets to get an idea how they are priced in there ads and go from there.

Big money, something like this depending on the actual manufacturer and condition:

Sold separately (as a set it is worth less):

Bolt: $200-$300:
Bolt Guts: $75
Op Rod: $200-$300
Complete Gas Cylinder with piston: $150
Barrell: $300 (not sure on this)
Complete Rear Sight: $200
Complete Trigger: $200-$300
Flash Hider and Front Sight: $150
Other Random Parts: $100-$200
Wood Stock: $100
Synthetic Stock: $125
FA Parts: $50

Others feel free to comment but these are realistic Gunbroker Prices IMO.

Thanks for the replies.

I have checked around and could'nt find any part sets for sale so that I could get an idea of price.

These parts came from an H&R rifle made in 1961.

I am thinking of selling or trading these parts.

So any help will be appreciated.

PointBlank.

Put them on Gunbroker, M14 Firing Line Forums and over in the M14 section at AR15.com. You will get the most $$ from gunbroker by selling each major piece separately. Go search around if you need specific help PM me I have bought and sold a bunch of M14 parts on GB.

It is definately worth trying to sell. As other posters mentioned, you'd probably get the most parting them out piece by piece on one of the gun auction sites. That would take the most time and effort.

If you want to sell them face to face in Michigan, contact Buzdboy first, since he expressed interest first, and then contact me if you guys don't reach a deal.

I haven't seen a more or less complete M-14 parts set for sale in ages and I have no idea how much a complete set would go for these days. It is worth selling though, if you don't plan to build a rifle up yourself.

That would take the most time and effort.

Yeah seriously what a pain in the arse, just send it to me and I will save you all that hard work :)

Quoting a certain IL ex-governor "A complete USGI parts set is a effing valuable thing, you just don't effing give it away for free"...

Seriously you have something special and something you may not see for sale again. Giving it some thought you may want to put it up as a group as it may fetch a premium because parts sets for M14's have not been seen in a long time.

A full USGI parts set in excellent condition is worth $1000 bare minimum and the skies the limit in an auction setting these days. An auction is your best bet for something rare and special like this. You would probably get at least $1500 if you listed it as a group with nice photos on Gunbroker in this day and age. It does not cost a penny to list on Gunbroker and you can set your reserve anywhere you want and just keep it relisting if it does not sell.

Last edited:
I was lucky last year and found a complet H&R set for $1000. I would say the complete set would be a better seller. A lot of people selling parts but nobody has a complet kit for sale. It should fetch a premium on GB.

Back