m1 garand

turbotype87

Hello, new member here, I have a question about the m1 garand. Does anyone know where i can get a complete stock for the m1 garand? I bought one a few months ago with a synthetic stock. The rifle is a state side m1 never used in any war. All springfield armory produced in 1955. I checked all local gun shops no luck. Even on line gun auctions with no luck as well. Any feed back will be appreciated thanks.

There is a well known gunsmith/garand expert called Dean's Gun Restorations. You might google his contact info. I believe he is in Tenn. Great quality workmanship and stocks are his speciality.

www.dgrguns.com

Last edited:
Boyd's are over sized and IIRC, they disqualify for John C. Garand matches. I could be wrong about that, though.

If you have the coin, Wenig's does a very, very nice job with different grades of wood.

MI Garand Stock

I bought a beautiful M1 stock from CMP (Civilian Marksmenship Program)through the web for a little over $ 100 and it fit perfectly. All parts included except hardware.

It even comes with an CMP logo. It even fit the steel backplate on the stock without any mods.

Boyd's are over sized and IIRC, they disqualify for John C. Garand matches. I could be wrong about that, though.

The CMP sells Boyds stocks. I doubt they (the CMP) would sell a stock not legal for their own matches.

Not legal in John C. Garand matches are laminated or bedded stocks.

I would have to agree DGR's Weining stocks are the very best.

Back