M1 Garand

Keeper

I have heard that there is an organization that promotes rifle use that sells WWII Garands for a price that will not break the bank. I cannot remember where I saw this but they recently got in trouble for not doing checks on the people buying from them. Anyways I know this is vague but I am interested in getting a Garand but I do not want to pay 1500 plus for it.

Thank you.

I procured a Garand from the CMP. I fulfilled the requirements by shooting in CMP matches and sent the paper work in. I WISH it took 6-8 weeks, with the background check and the demand for rifles, I got mine in 7 months.

ursus:

what grade did you order? The service grade, being the lowest, would be the quickest to get.

The select and collector grades take a lot more time.

BTW, do you like it?

AR:
It was the service grade. I was pleased with the condition of the parts and wood. I am planning on getting the action w/o wood. I have also seen other service grade and they were also quite good.

I rec'd my first garand in 21 days. It was a service grade. I am a vet, have a ccw and C&R FFl. I think that must have help. I have read on other list that they are slowing down. Could be lots nice gun people are finding out about CMP. I sent my paper work in on May 18 for an O3A3. I will let ya'll know when it comes in. I hope it is not 7 mos. geeesh
smile.gif

------------------
TOUJOURS PRET
Swamprat

I'm a very happy customer of CMP and will soon purchase another one from them. Intend to go the cheap route and make it into a "may be abused" gun unlike my other models which appear pristine.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back