M1 GARAND - CMP

AR BLACK

Has anyone got a Garand thru the CMP (Civillian Markmanship Program)? I am about to send away the application packet, I just have to find my Birth Certificate this weekend. They said it would be about 2 months delivery.

3 options of M1 Garands:
$400 service grade
$550 select grade
$750 collector grade

In any calander year, you can order one collector grade and one of the other grades. The collector grade might take quite a while to get.

Does anyone have experience with getting one through the CMP? Is it worth $400?

http://www.odcmp.com/

Is it worth it? Heck yea! The CMP Garand is prob the BEST deal going right now. These guns are in great condition, ready to be given to a soldier in times of war. If possible, order ammo when you get the gun. Good milsurp 3006 ammo is getting harder and harder to find.

I have a Service grade M1 Garand from CMP and it is a very nice rifle. Recived it 3 weeks after I send my Package. A CMP Garand is worth the money! If this is your first CMP rifle, I would go Service Grade.

I rec'd notice from CMP that I can buy an 03A3 and I am looking foward to getting it. Overall, good people to deal with.

------------------
TOUJOURS PRET
Swamprat

[This message has been edited by Swamprat (edited June 03, 1999).]

Okay, I'm in--- I know that I have to have shot in service rifle match of some kind to qualify. Okay, I've been meaning to shoot a match with the M1A, anyway. But what's this about them offering '03A3's? I have a sporterized Springfield that I simply will never give up. How much for the Springfields?

How do I get an application packet to squander my (wife's) hard-earned money?

Regards,
L.P.

I got mine years ago when they were only $285 for one in pristine condition. Now they grade them and you pay for better wood. The old days are gone.

They're certainly worth the money today and I'm thinking about buying another. This time, I want one for beating around and neglecting. Besides, you can brag like me: "First Comrade Bill Klinton's govt. sold this to me!"

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

4V50 Gary:

That's about half the reason I put my package in: to wallow in the irony.

I opted for a "Select" grade and will keep you posted on any information.

Im still waiting on mine....i ordered the service grade less wood......although Ive been waiting for bout 8 weeks--I called em to chk and they had storm damage of some kind at the arsenal, and that was the reason for the delay....I just received a packett for 22 competition rifles (wish I had a child), and a list of ''items''you can buy, there was no ammo listed, just brass......fubsy.

Long Path,
To become eligible to purchase a 03A3 from CMP you must add you name to the M1903 Series Lottery. If you are selected, you can buy one for $300. Check out the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/ for more information.

------------------
TOUJOURS PRET
Swamprat

I made a call to cmp this morning to inquire about that ammo and its available to anyone who has purchased a rifle since 1996 I believe, the cost is $86 for a can of 280 rds, that includes shipping.......in order to send off for that ammo you will have to have received your rifle and some of the paper work with the rifle will have to be sent back to the cmp.....for further info heres some numbers.....
Ms. Shelly Peto,.....
1--888-267-0796...x1103
call her and she will send out the packett of info you need...fubsy.
hey Gino tks for posting that about the ammo, I dont want to pass that up...they told me theey didnt put it on the parts list as anyone can order from the parts list but the ammos is only reserved for people who have purchased garands........fubsy.

Back