M1 Carbines?

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
I have been looking around at m-1 carbines (for the hell of it) and am startled by the high prices people are asking for a lot of junk or badly marked import guns. (i'm guessing its because of the assualt rifle/magazine ban) I thought about buying a Militech rifle (because of the nifty box and re-finished condition) but their prices are getting outrageous.

Any ideas on where a guy can get a clean m1 carbine for UNDER the price of a mini 14??

And what's the best manufacturer in a used or new gun? (is anyone still manufacturing??)

(i'd like it to take GI magazines of course)

Any info would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Dr.Rob

The Ruger Mini 14 goes for about $570 in blue. I think you can get a shooting carbine for that; I have seen several at the gun shows. Prices are going up because a lot of people want to buy them and "restore" them to what they at least believe is original condition.

Actually, if that is the choice, and collectability or history are not considerations, I would go with the Ruger. It is a lot more powerful than the carbine and some hi-cap mags are still around for it.

Forget MILTECH. They charge too much for a refurbished (not restored) rifle. Of course you get the box!

Jim

$570 seems like an awful lot for a mini 14 in blue considering dealer pricing is about $350. Let me reiterate. I own a .223 Carbine already... is there anyone selling an m-1 carbine for around $300??

Is one make better than another ie Inland, plainfield, winchester, etc. What about Israeli Arms Industries?

Thanks,

Dr.Rob

Dr Rob

I have a friend who offered me one yesterday in the price range you mentioned. If you are in Oregon this might be convenient for you.

Email me at nfield4@iname.com if you are interested.

RonR

Back